10 things you need to know if you get COVID-19
Each of us has a role to play to minimise the spread of the virus. If you or a family member get the virus, here are 10 things you need to know if you contract COVID 19.
10 steps to beat COVID-19 if you catch it
- Stay home except to see your doctor.
- Stay in a separate room from the people and animals in your home.
- Call your doctor before you go to see them.
- Wear a face mask when you are around other people.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or a flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze and remember to safely and promptly discard all used tissues
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often with soap and running water.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- Clean all surfaces, especially ones that you touch every day.
- Monitor your symptoms and call a doctor or ER24 if you start feeling worse.
- Stay home until your doctor says it's safe to go out again.
What shouldn't you do? The following measures are not effective against COVID-19 and can harm your progress:
- Wear a used mask: always ensure the mask you are going to use has not been worn and is clean
- Taking antibiotics